The youth club is informal, at the same time we ensure young people are positively engaged. We consult young people and encourage them to take part in our steering group. To make sure services are young people led.
Activities we provide are fun and enjoyable, to engage young people and enable them to develop and learn new skills. Most importantly, activities provide a foundation for young people to develop to their full capacity.
Activities are culturally sensitive and include:
- Arts and crafts – themed arts, cards and gifts, graffiti art, face painting, glass painting, hair braiding, mobiles, puppets, printing.
- The arts – drama, music, video, dance.
- Games – team games, non-competitive games, group games, team-building games, puzzles and quizzes.
- Sports – traditional sports, unusual sports, competitions.
- Cooking – pizza-making, pancakes, cake decorating, non-alcoholic cocktails.
- Issue based activities – drugs and alcohol, sex and sexuality, anti-racism, anti-bullying, environmental, global citizenship.