Young People and Childrens Services
Shantona provides services to young people from a BAME background to have a better start in life, as well as opening the door of opportunities to reach their full potential. Our support is culturally sensitive and uses a child centered approach. We provide activities for children and young people, that are fun, rewarding and educational, and that helps to raise their aspirations, improve attainment level’s and develop their social skills to contribute and integrate into society.
Sessions based around community cohesion, stereotypes and discrimination proved successful in helping break down barriers and addressing some of the difficulties faced by young women. We are currently working on a range of young people services that collaboratively aim to:
- Create a supportive environment for children and young people’s provision
- Improve confidence and build resilience
- Ensuring that children and young people do not fall between the gaps in service provision
- To provide 1:1 support
- To encourage maximum service user participation in the provision and development of services.
- To reach out to children and young people and signpost them to appropriate services.
- Increase in the participation of social and personal development opportunities for young people to reduce isolation.
- Raising awareness and engaging young people to develop capabilities in leadership which allow young people to play a stronger role within their community to bring changes.
- Increased the knowledge and understanding of the diversity of people and cultures within the local community.
- Promote healthy relationships.
Without Fear (CSE Support Service)
Working to improve young people’s understanding of CSE, ensuring they feel safe...
Providing a safe, nurturing environment for young people to socialise together...
Increasing the understanding of healthy relationships, encouraging young people to become ambassadors to break the cycle of generational abuse and to challenge negative cultural norms.