20 Jul, 2020
Shoman Adhikhar delivers customised training and employment support to vulnerable and isolated BAME women in East Leeds. This valuable section of the community often face barriers to engage in economic activities. This project will support local women to realise and value their potential and progress into training and employment pathways.
What support can we give you?
There are a number of ways we can support local women as part of the Shoman Adhikhar project, all of these will be tailored to suit your needs and the barriers you face. This includes:
- Creating opportunities and supporting women to gaining training and employment skills
- Understanding the job market and how to apply for jobs
- Employment Drop-in
- Matching skills and experience to job description or self-employment options
- One 2 One support and access to a computer and Wi Fi
- Help to improve confidence in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Practical help to improve C.V writing, job application forms and mock interviews.
- Workshops looking at self- employment requirements, e.g. Health and Safety; Bookkeeping; Finance; registering a business (tailored to requirement)
- Build on existing skills
- Build resilience and confidence
- Boost independence
How to register
Initial registration can by telephone or referral. Arrangements will be made for one 2 one customised support to suit individual requirements, taking into consideration current social distancing policies. If you would like a further discussion or would like to make a referral, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2497120.
In additrion, if there are any employers who would like to support this project by offering to deliver a talk to the group or host a group visit in the future, taking into consideration the current situation and Corona virus, this would help to boost knowledge and confidence. Please contact me if this is something that you could offer.